A few highlights included:
- Delicious meals (all provided by the company!)
- An adventure to a nearby park to find a geo-cache
- Getting to know the other students in Trevor's program
- A service activity at a therapeutic horse ranch
- The old man putting me in charge of driving the tractor just because I know how to drive a manual
- Trevor getting to drive the tractor because I couldn't figure out all the levers on it
- An hour long massage for the spouses while our husbands did a "team building activity" (amazing, right?!)
|Tryin' to drive the tractor|
Check out our "big winnings" from the carnival and card games at the party on the last night. I couldn't believe Trevor almost left them in our room! Good thing I went back inside to confirm we had all our belongings!
I wasn't so great at taking pictures. Probably because everyone else there wasn't quite the tourist that I was, since they were there for business. I got out the camera as we were getting on the bus to leave and told Trevor: "Since we haven't taken any pics all weekend lets make up for it by taking tons of them today!" He didn't go for my idea.
Fortunately, I "needed to use the restroom" before we left so I ran inside and snapped a bunch of pictures of the hotel practically as the bus was pulling away! I loved so much about the design of the hotel I just couldn't resist!
|Love the color and design of the different patterns!|
|It had such a glamorous yet fun feel.|
|Love the mirror!|
|They had already started resetting this room when I returned to take pics. The pic doesn't even capture the beauty of the drapery and crystal light fixtures.|
|One of many different chandeliers found throughout the hotel. I loved all the light fixtures.|
|A whole hallway of chandeliers. I loved the glam!|
Some students, usually from other schools, would ask what I was studying or what I do. I spared them the long story of why I'm not in school or working right now. I like to talk about Luke, but sometimes it just doesn't seem like the right time. I did get to tell the other spouse that was there about him. I liked that.
It was a fun trip yet I'm glad to be home exercising again and not eating so much food!